7 Days Meal Plan For A Healthy Diet Foods
Healthy Diet Foods
These are the major source of energy for the body. Mainly sugars, these are divided into two groups – simple carbohydrates and complex carbohydrates. Simple carbs are what are found in refined sugars, chocolates etc. They are broken down easily. Complex carbs are starch. They take more time to be broken down and digested. Here, unrefined carbs are healthier as they contain more fiber.
Fiber is the type of carbohydrate that is not digested. It passes out of the body without undergoing digestion. Fibers make sure that the person feels full after a meal and keeps hunger in check.
Though ‘fat’ is almost synonymous with weight gain, that’s not the case. Fats are essential for proper functioning of the body. It’s important to consume the recommended amounts of fats to ensure that the nervous system develops in the right way.
4. Proteins and Amino Acids:
These are the essential nutrients for the body. They are the building blocks, or the mass of the body’s tissues. Proteins are also treated as fuel by the body when there is scarcity of energy.
Minerals are required for proper bone development. Minerals are required for the proper reactions of the enzymes and the functioning of the nervous system. They are also constituent of the fluids and tissues in the body.
Let’s have a look at few more tips to make the meal plan more effective:
1. Drink a lot of water. It’s important as water flushes out toxins from the body. Also, most times the body signals hunger when you are actually thirsty. Drinking water makes sure that you remain fuller for long and don’t consume unwanted calories.
2. Prepare your own meals. It helps to do so as you’ll know what exactly has gone into your food. It’s easy for calories to sneak in the form of salad dressing, toppings etc. You don’t want to hamper the diet with unnecessary calories, right?
3. Workout for at least 30-45 minutes every day. More than any weight loss, this will help you achieve a healthy body.
4. Consult a doctor and take multivitamin supplements. The food we consume is not all that nutritious anymore, because of all the pollution and the like. Vitamin supplements help you get better skin, nails and health.
5. Don’t cheat. A cup of coke contains so much sugar, that it makes up more than 100% of your required sugar intake. Junk food is messy and unhealthy when consumed regularly. Apart from adding to the weight, it also contains excessive amounts of bad fats. Also, the salt content in junk food isn’t healthy at all. Be wise and remember – a minute on the lips, forever on the hips!
6. Try consuming green tea and any other herbal teas. These rejuvenate the body and contain antioxidants. Antioxidants control the free radicals, control aging, and improve the health of your heart.
7. Meditate. When you are at peace, your body listens to you. Take some time for yourself everyday – go for a walk, read your favorite book, spend time with your pet and so on to make sure that you are happy. Stress is the biggest culprit behind a number of illnesses.
Follow this 7 day health plan and we promise you a body that brims with energy!
Was this article helpful? Share your feedback with us in the comments section below.