Low Cholesterol Foods For Women

low cholesterol foods Low Cholesterol Foods For Women

Human body needs cholesterol in enough levels to function properly. Cholesterol is a fatty substance produced in the liver and distributed throughout the body. It helps to produce vitamin D and hormones which are much needed by our body. High levels of cholesterol in our blood leads to many diseases like heart strokes and heart diseases. Our body itself produces 75 percent of the cholesterol. We will get the remaining 25 percent of the cholesterol from the animal fats. Cholesterol is actually a fat, but it’s absence in the blood leads to many health issues. At the same time, it’s presence in more than enough levels will also leads to many health issues.  When it comes to women, cholesterol plays a major role in their life. Women over age 20 should have their cholesterol levels checked by doctor. Women over the age of 55 will compete with men in high cholesterol competition. They tend to have more cholesterol than men when they cross the age of 55. High levels of cholesterol in blood increases the chances of getting more heart diseases.

low cholesterol diet how Low Cholesterol Foods For Women

The cholesterol is said to be in high levels if our blood contains lot of cholesterol in it.  Cholesterol cannot be considered as a bad thing for our body.  Because, it allows to produce bile acids which are much needed by our body.  The good thing about cholesterol is that, it can be controlled.  There are many ways to control cholesterol levels in our body.  Like, leading a healthy life style, following a good diet, proper physical exercises, avoiding smoking and by  leading a stress free life.  All these will help you bring the levels of cholesterol in our blood to normal level.

low cholesterol food Low Cholesterol Foods For Women

In our article we choose to bring down the cholesterol levels through good foods.  Good foods are nothing but foods that provide us with only enough and good levels of cholesterol cutting down unnecessary fats and cholesterol contents.

Taking up a mission is very easy.  But, standing still till the end on the word you have taken is not that easy.  Make right choices and make those choices you way of living, so that you no need to do it with the feeling of a duty or work.  Merge it with your daily life activities and see the results.

As per the study by American Heart Association, it is proven that taking more nutritious foods daily from the basic nutritious foods available we can get the right results.  Nutrients are mainly included in foods like vegetables, fruits, fiber-rich whole-grain breads and cereals and fat-free or low-fat foods.

Anyways, let’s know what are those magical foods that helps us reduce cholesterol contents in our blood.

First let us know the foods that we should not take, for keeping our cholesterol in right level.

Say a big no-no to these foods

  1. As I have already mentioned earlier, through animal fats we get 25 percent of the fat content into our body. So, avoiding them itself will take away 25 percent of the cholesterol fat from our blood.  Animal products high in saturated fats are beef, lamb, veal, pork, duck, goose, cream, butter, egg yolk.  Avoid these animal fats from your diet chart.
  2. Fried foods should be avoided. We always enjoy eating fried food.  I must say we enjoy eating deep fried foods.  But they are the biggest villains.  They play a major role in producing high levels of cholesterol.
  3. No one can take shift their look from the hot dogs and sausages. But they are high-fat processed meats.  Remember that, all tasty foods are not made for good health.
  4. We become kids when we see chocolates and ice creams. But the soft drinks, candies, cakes, cookies and bakery foods are not at all good for our body.  They produce excess levels of cholesterol in our body.
  5. Oil is the second name for cholesterol. Saturated oils such as coconut and palm oil should be avoided in your diet.

Good foods for lowering your cholesterol levels

  1. Oats and bran are the best foods that we can give to our body. They are whole and multi-grain products. They help in lowering the cholesterol levels in our body.
  2. Fish is no joke in lowering cholesterol levels. Fishes like salmon, mackerel and albacore tuna are best in lowering the cholesterol levels in our blood.
  3. Fruits and vegetables as we already know serves their best in cholesterol control. They are rich in antioxidants.
  4. Omega-3 fatty acids are very useful in reducing cholesterol levels in blood. Avocado, flax seeds, olive oil and canola oil are rich in omega-3 fatty acids.

5. Nuts, walnuts and almonds are also good for cholesterol reduction.

Sign Up For LATEST UPDATES

(And get your daily dose of Nail Arts & Beauty tips straight to your inbox)