Yoga Asanas For Getting Rid Of Belly Fat
“Yoga”, the biggest asset that we received from our ancestors and the most import asset that we preserve for our future generations. In today’s world, leading a proper healthy life is getting difficult day by day. Our way of living, eating habits, bunking of daily routines will all lead us to the unhealthy path where we remain as a body with full of fat and cholesterol. The unhealthy eating will first affect our stomach which will showcase it crystal clearly in the form of flabby tummy. As we no, there is no word called shortcut in the dictionary of dieting and daily routines. The asanas provided in yoga are very effective and will not only help you in getting rid of the tummy fat, but also keeps your mind and body clear and fit.
Yoga Asanas for getting rid of Belly Fat:
1. Tadasana (Mountain Pose):
Tadasana is a warm up pose. It helps in improving the blood circulation which will make your body ready for the asanas.
- Stand straight with your feet flat and close to each other.
- Keep your spine in erect position, with hands on either sides of your body, palms facing your body.
- Stretch your hands straight and join your palms.
- While inhaling deeply, start stretching your spine and raise your joined hands up above your head.
- Start lifting your ankle and standing on your toes, with eyes facing the ceiling.
- Breathe normally and stay in that pose for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Inhale deeply and while exhaling, slowly relax and bring your feet back to the floor.
Note: Repeat the post for at least 10 times and increase your count slowly. Give a gap of 10 seconds before you go for the next repetition.
2. Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation):
Surya Namaskar is a namaskar to the Sun. It is a composition of 12 yoga poses; each has its own way of impacting the body. The forward and backward bends allow stretches, while deep breathing will help you in detoxification. Practice Surya Namaskar daily in the early morning sun for getting maximum benefits.
Start slowly with five repetitions and increase the repetitions day by day. Keep a bottle of water with you. Take a sip between each repetition and relax for 15 seconds between repetitions so that you won’t get tired.
3. Padahastasana (Standing Forward Bend):
The fat in the tummy will get disturbed when we bend forward in this asana. The bending will help you tone your tummy.
- Stand straight in Tadasana with your hands resting on either sides of the body while feet together and heals touching each other.
- Keep your spine in erect position.
- While inhaling, lift your hand upwards.
- While inhaling, bend forward in such a way that your body is parallel to the floor.
- Maintain normal breathing when you are in bend position.
- Try touching the floor with your palms, without bending your knees. If you are unable to touch the floor just touch your ankles or toes.
- Holding breath, hold the tummy and stay in that position for 60 to 90 seconds.
- While exhaling, slowly come back to the Tadasana position.
Note: Repeat the asana for 10 times with a gap of 10 seconds between the repetitions.
4. Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend):
This is a basic pose of Hatha Yoga. Along with trimming your tummy, this pose helps in stretching your hamstrings, thighs and hips. This asana is best for people with digestive problems.
- Sit down on the floor in Padmasana.
- Keep your spine in erect, and straighten your legs. Your feet should point to the ceiling.
- Inhaling deeply, stretch your hands above your head without bending your elbows.
- While exhaling, start bending from your thighs forward. Take your hands to touch your toes. Rest your head on your knees.
- Once you touch your toes, hold them try to pull them backward till you feel the stretch on your hamstrings.
- Breathing in, hold your tummy, and try to stay in the position for 60 to 90 seconds. Slowly increase you stay time for 5 minutes and more.
- Bring back your body to padmasana position.
Note: Repeat the asana for 10 to 25 times.
5. Pavanamuktasana (Wind Relieving Pose):
This asana helps in reducing gastric problems, including indigestion and constipation. In this pose, since your knees exert pressure on your tummy, staying in that position for more than a minute will help you burn the fat in that region.
- Lie down in supine position with arms placed next to your body and with stretched feet and heels touching each other.
- Bend your knees and take a deep breath. As you exhale, slowly bring the bent knees towards your chest, with thighs stressing on the abdomen. Hold the knees tightly in place by supporting your thighs with your hands.
- Inhale again and while exhaling, life your head in such a way that your chin should come in touch with your knees.
- Stay in the position for 60 to 90 seconds while breathing deeply.
- Exhale slowly and bring back your knees to their original position.
- Relax in Savasana.
Note: Repeat the post for 7 to 10 times taking a 15 seconds gap between each repetition.